How I Overcame My Own Negativity

11:51 PM


For the past 6 months, I was not in the best mental space whatsoever. I always caught myself comparing my situation and circumstances with the situations of other people around me. I was constantly beating myself up for not having the job I wanted, my own apartment, or the relationship that I desired. I wondered why I wasn't flourishing as fast as I wanted to and I became so frustrated. I was frustrated because I felt like there was no progress happening in any part of my life.

That frustration turned into a lot of stress and lend to massive amounts of self-doubt.
I reached a point where I thought I didn't want to try to do anything anymore. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed watch Hulu all day long. It wasn't until I listened to the Father's Day sermon from Christian Life Center's website that I was inspired to trust my struggle. Pastor Ben Stewart and Pastor Brent McQuay reminded me that God has an unique plan for all of us. "What is meant for me is meant for me". There was a reason why I didn't get my "dream job" or why things didn't work with "the perfect guy". When things don't go according to my plan, I already know that God has something even greater for me in the future. At this point in my life, I have learned to not rush anything and just keep working hard and one day I know I will be just as successful as some of my peers.

Since I changed my outlook on life, so many good things have been happening to me. I was hired to shoot my first event and I am in the midst of shooting my own YouTube videos with other talented individuals. When you overcome negativity, you allow yourself to be vulnerable and open to new dreams and great rewards. When I refused to let my insecurities get in my way, I then became the woman I wanted to be.




"We can’t let our insecurities own or destroy us. We have to face them head-on. That was part of the challenge that motivated me to take this journey. I wanted to see what I could do and, more important, I wanted to understand everything that was holding me back".
- Jennifer Hudson

 Photo found on Google Images


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe