A Salute to Olivia Benson

12:27 PM


Every Tuesday I stop whatever I'm doing to enjoy the marathon of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit on USA. Every since the 7th grade I have been obsessed with show. Every time I watch I wonder what crazy sex crimes are going to be solved this week. Where else would you find old Disney stars like Hilary Duff and Jesse McCartney playing murderers. The series is full of celebrity guest spots and intense story lines that would blow your mind. Since 1999, the show has captivated audiences all over the world.

Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler were one of the best television detective duo for nearly a decade. Unfortunately. Stabler (Christopher Meloni) left the cast in 2011. Now Olivia is left alone with a a new partner to work with. Personally the new cast members of the show fail to be relevant in my eyes and now all of my attention is drawn toward Olivia. Mariska Hargitay has done a phenomenal job playing Detective Benson for almost 12 years. Detective Benson was one of the first female leads to play a police officer on prime time television. How many other females on television are kicking ass and solving crimes like she is? I really wish there were more characters like Olivia in movies and in television shows.This is why everyone needs to stop what they're doing and take a moment to appreciate her awesomeness.


*Photo found on Google

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe